Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Call ahead: Patients with a cough, fever and sore throat, please call our office first and a Doctor will conduct a telephone interview.
- If you have a currently scheduled appointment: call the office and let them know that you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the our office take steps to keep you and other people from getting infected or exposed.
Clean your hands often
- Wash hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Soap and water: Soap and water are the best option if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Cover: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose: Throw used tissues in a lined trash can.
- Wash hands: Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if soap and water are not available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
See the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for the latest information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/